songofruth

Matt wrote:
songofruth wrote:
I realize that I am not actually talking about a dehumidifier.

My house suffers from too much humidity.

Not clear why you think a dehumidifier is not the best solution.

Mostly I've been keying in on the solution I suggested because my DH
had a very strong preference for the Humidex unit. This would give him
the same thing but at a (hopefully) greatly reduced out-of-pocket cost.

I do prefer a humidifier. Sure it adds bucks to the electricity bill
but hey if that's the best solution, then that's the best solution. We
have someone from our HVAC company coming out tomorrow with literature
on ones that would connect to our HVAC system. (Since they service our
machine one would think this could all be handled over the phone but
noooo... they feel they must come out.) It looks like this solution
too could run to near $1000.

I'm starting to think that I need to change my thread title (or start a
new one) on how to figure out just how much dehumidifier I would need.

Take care,
Melody