Phil Munro

It may not be poison ivy. But you should learn to identify what is
and what is not poison ivy. It can look different, but generally is
the three-leafed plant. That is as far as I will go in trying to
give a word description of it.!! :-)
What you describe does not sound like poison ivy to me. But get
someone who knows to check it out with you. --Phil

dean wrote:

My questions a

1) Are the big hairy vine stalks that attach to trees covered with the
nasty stuff, or is it just the leaves?

2) If they are bad, how long after one has been cut and killed (for
example on a fallen tree) does it retain potency?

3) What I'm doing is collecting wood from my neighbors land after he
cuts down trees, and some of them have the vine attached. If I just
pull off the vine, is the wood safe to handle or not? Will it be unsafe
after its been seasoned for a year?

Thanks in advance!

Dean

Youngstown State University