G Henslee

frankg wrote:
I have some Mapei KER 121 thinset left over from installing floor ceramics.
We want to tile (2x2 inch) our kitchen counters - one is a 'dry' counter,
the
other is 'wet' - around the sink. I need a recommendation of the right
product
to use if the KER 121 isn't ok.

On the dry counter (about 2x4 feet) I have two 5/8 sheets of exterior grade
ply.
Around the sink (about 2x3 feet, minus the sink itself) I have a single
sheet
of 5/8 ply and a 1/2 inch sheet of backer board (DenShield).

Never done this before so any tips are appreciated.

thanks,
Frank

That Mapei's modifed thinset is fine. Both substrates are sufficient as
well if there's no flex. I'd throw a stiffener underneath them if
possible. If space is tight, even a 1X flat would help. Anything else?