Don Young

My experience has been that if you will support the back of the female
connection while hammering it pretty hard all the way around several times
that will always loosen the threads without damaging anything. Pipe and
fittings are ductile enough to slightly expand the outside part and/or
shrink the inside part.
Don Young
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
John_B wrote:

toller wrote:
I have a faucet that needs to be replaced, but it will not unscrew at
all.
I vaguely remember a thread a few weeks ago that recommended
penetrating
oil, followed by heat, followed by more penetrating oil. Does that
sound
right?
Any other suggestions.

One of my father's tricks for breaking loose a rusty fitting was
to beat on it with a hammer until it broke the grip of the rust.

Or it simply broke...