Colbyt

"Abbacus" wrote in message
hi,

just a quick question regarding drywall. I put drywall up in the ceiling
everything is ok except for one section.

there is about a half inch / quarter inch gap for about two feet between

two
sheets of drywall.

what can i use to fill this gap, before i mud it? the joists are about 16
inches on centre. so i may have to cover 32 inches. any suggestions?
what material?

Sam

I am assuming that this gap is over a stud or joist. Meaning that it is only
1/2" deep with a solid backer behind it.

Just fill it in with drywall mud and allow it to dry before you tape. Use
durobond or any quick setting mud if you don't want to wait the 3 days for a
1/2" of mud to dry.

Same principals apply if no backer substrate is available but it may take
more than one coat.

Either way, no big deal happens all the time.

Colbyt