DiezMon

ah ok.. a deck low to the ground

Well, I'd go with what the general concensus has been he K.I.S.S

I'd jack the deck up and either:

1. pour in some more concrete up the point where the original post was OR
2. (simpler)put in a new, longer, treated post

Tim

wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in Colorado. 36" inches deep is code.

The reason it's settling is that the excavation for the house left the
soild out to about 5 feet softer. It has settled as I mentioned because
the house was new when I built the house and the deck.

How can I get under it without removing the decking. It's only about 12
inched high and crawling underneath seems like a difficult way to do
it.

The plastic is to keep the water from causing additional settling.

I appreciate your two cents. Thanks!