T i m

Default Eating fox? (Aldi).

On Sat, 08 May 2004 20:41:29 +-0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2004 19:16:08 +-0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes
will not shop in stores where a coin is required to release the
trolley.

Well, coin release trolleys have worked wonders around here for reducing
the number of trolleys left on the street (and canals and anywhere else
they tend to end up)

Fair enough, but it would be more customer friendly to employ somebody
to round them up from drop areas in the car park and return them to
the entrance, and to chain them up at the end of the day.

Round here (Norf Londin) they have to do both (chain and recover).

Locals often push the trolley the 1/4 a mile home (no parking / loads
of traffic / no car) and *some* push them back again. Some allow kids
to take them back which means they get 50 yards round the corner and
smash up a +AKM-200 (?) trolley for the pound coin (I have often offered
the 'kids' a pound and to let me take the trolley back as I can't bare
to watch it and no-one else seems to care)?

I did ask one pair (who had the trolley upside down on the pavement
outside their own house (with the parents indoors!) and were in the
process of smashing it up) who they thought paid for the trolleys?
"The government" was the reply from one?

I then briefly explained that it was in fact their parents and me and
everyone else that buys their food there ... and if they carried on
smashing them up they would simply stop providing them and they what
would they play in .. ?

Personally I'd modify all the coin holders that when attacked would
explosively release a indelible die and stun gas ...

T i m