JDS

Sorry to highjack your thread, but your questions reminded me of mine
and it might effect you.

No problem, I am interested in this as well.

With using pex tubing, what issues do you run into with electrical
grounding and bonding. I've been heaing the issue that metal faucets
about water and electricity must be 'grounded' since pex is not
conductive, and water is a poor conductor, has local authorities
forced some bonding wires to be installed to faucets and panels?

Guessing this will add to the complexity of using pex over traditional
copper piping.

From another thread I read, they were saying that your electricity is

not supposed to actually be grounded to the pipes, rather it is the
other way around, the pipes are meant to be grounded to your panel
which is in turn supposed to be grounded to the earth. The reason
given was that you don't want your plumbing (being all metal) becoming
involved in a short somewhere and shocking somebody when they go to
take a shower or whatever. Supposedly, since PEX is plastic and does
not need to be grounded. The rest of your house electricity should be
grounded at a grounding rod.

I am not an electrician either, but that explanation makes sense to me.
My electric panel has a connection to the pipes as well as the
grounding rod so if I have all plastic piping, I should still be
grounded appropriately.

Maybe someone who knows better can confirm or deny this.

-Justin