Simon Avery

Default pipe bending to make a shower 'rail'

"NC" wrote:

Hello NC

N| I am thinking of ways to make a nice looking, but strange
N| shaped shower curtain rail for my odd bathroom (see post
N| from a few weeks ago...) Anyway, how easy would it be to
N| take some 14mm (ish) chromed pipe and bend it into a strange
N| shape with a pipe bender ?? Would the result look OK,
N| or would there be alsorts of nasty marks on the pipe ??

You can't bend chromed finished, the chrome just flakes off at the
slightest pressure and change in the pipe. These things exist, but
only because they've been chromed /after/ bending.

Might get away with normal copper pipe, then using a car spray paint
to colour it silver afterwards. Best practice on a scrap first,
though.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/