Duane Bozarth

Sunflower wrote:

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
news:IhShe.83784$c24.72949@attbi_s72...
How can I tell? The wood is grey (about 5 years old).

Where do you live? Redwood decks are pretty much a West Coast affair. You
don't see much cedar in the East either, because of the expense. The most
common to everywhere is plain old pressure treated pine. Unless you live in
a bucks up community, I'd bet on the pine.

Not generically true...many decks in TN were redwood (I'd say the
majority until about 10 years ago) for almost all new construction.
Granted it's now gotten expensive enough to be a custom material,
granted.