Chuck

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:37:24 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Gideon wrote:

Just be warned that if you make a lot of inquiries into purchasing KNO3,
you run a modest risk on getting on a terror watchlist. If you mail order
the KNO3, you will certainly get on a terror watchlist. If you make inquiries
about KNO3 on certain newgroups, you will definitely get on the list.

I remember my dad using dynamite to remove stumps at our summer home in
Woodside, California about 55 years ago.

Launched one right over the roof of the house once, quite a sight.

I suppose inquiries about where to buy dynamite these days would get you
in more trouble than ones about saltpeter, huh? G

Jeff

Hell.. 20 years ago you could buy dynamite at select hardware stores.
If I remember correctly, it wasn't any more restricted than buying
shotgun shells! You could by "full" sticks or those already cut in
half or quarters for stump launching. Had temporary "explosives"
sticker to put on back /front/sides of truck.

It was recent enough that you had to have the stickers, and sign a
sheet saying that you didn't hold any one else responsible for you
doing something dumb.