Joseph Meehan

SteveB wrote:
"Walter R." wrote in message
What, precisely, is the nature of "stale" gasoline? I use a 2 GL
container for my chainsaw and leaf blower. 2 Gal last about 2 years.
I have never had a problem with stale gas. Is this another urban
myth?
What is it that has deteriorated in stale gasoline. Just curious.

Walter

Dunno, but my Honda mower wouldn't work. Took it to the shop, and
the guy told me it was "bad gas" that had been in there too long, and
the good stuff had evaporated. You can smell "bad gas". It really
smells just like varnish.

Yes, generally it does smell different, after all it is different. It
is also true that the gas can go bad because some of it evaporates. Not all
the parts evaporate at the same rate. However even gas in a sealed
container will go bad, but not because of evaporation.

BTW, it cost me $50 to get the "bad gas" taken out, and the mower
running again.

Steve

--
Joseph Meehan