Tekkie®

posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

In over thirty years in the electrical business, I've seen a number of badly
backstabbed receptacles. In all cases the wire was improperly inserted so
the contact was not what it should be. I think they work just fine if
properly connected. I agree turning a wire on a screw is a more positive
connection, but I have serious doubts about screw clamps. I'd be interested
to see what those connections look like in twenty years

So I guess you don't like Square D equipment then? Breakers are screw clamped.
--

Tekkie