SJF

"Colbyt" wrote in message
This is a question anyone who uses pruning shears can answer. I haven't

seen
any pruning pros hanging out in this group.

I have an set old anvil pruning shears (Craftsman) that I have used for

20
years. They finally quit cutting as clean as I like. Last fall I bought

set of by-pass pruning shears from a store I won't name. I admit to
cutting stock slightly larger than the recommended (.5 vs. .75). These new
ones now cut worse than the old ones.

I need to buy a new pair or repair the older set.

My questions:

Which type do you think is better?

Which can cut stock slightly bigger with no damage?

Did I purchase at the wrong place or brand or is this typical? I do a lot
of pruning so I need something that works and holds up.

Colbyt

I have anvil pruning shears (no name) I've used for 40 years. Still my
favorite. For the heavy stuff, 1/2 inch, I use bypass cutter with 18 inch
handles -- good to 1 inch. Larger stuff needs some sort of saw. Don't know
if that answers your question but it seems the right combination for
.. --- SJF