The Natural Philosopher

Default Central heating using radiators in an open plan house with high ceilings

John Stumbles wrote:

From what I hear most people
who have it love it, and it seems to be the system of choice for large
spaces because it heats the occupants rather than the air. However I think
control systems have to be different for it, partly because of typical UFH
systems' long warm-up and cool-down times, and partly because systems based
on room thermostats sensing the air temperature probably won't get a good
measure of the comfort of the room.

50% right. You need to bring it on typically a vouple of hours before
you would a conventional system, but simple temp monitoring workes prtty
well for me. Teh feed forward is just a differentail applied so that te
heating firtes up a bit when it senses a falling temperature coming
towards the required temp. Its a bit of a nicety and not really necessary.

From what I remember hearing in other
discussions in this group feed-forward systems which adjust the heat input
to the system in response to outside temperatures are particularly good for
UFH.

Possibly, BUT with decent isulation its really not necressary. maybe it
koncks a percent or two off teh heating bill.