Dave Morrison

Banty wrote:
I'l be having a deck replaced, both back and front, and was strongly considering
Trex.

I've heard that many users have been disatisfied because they've found that the
Trex decking gets hot.

Both decks I plan to replace are in fairly shady areas, but still, I'd like to
hear thoughts on what the best decking materials are.

I want little or no maintenance, and, since ther is some shade where I have the
decking now and there is some mildewing, I want something that resists that.

Banty

I put Trex on my rear deck, sounded great. One problem it looks ugly
now, it will look ugly tomorrow, and it will look just as ugly in ten
years. I'm ripping it out and putting in redwood. I'll use the old Trex
for a floor in my 2nd greenhouse. BTW the stuff is man made so I
expected an easy install - wrong! The stuff is as wavy and twisted as
real wood. It took forever with a pry bar to get it aligned and fastened
down.
YVMV.
Dave