Eric Tonks

I looked at Trex but found it "waxy" in feel, it was soft and my fingernail
could gouge out the surface, it also had poor joist spanning ability,
needing extra joists to support it.

Went with a Canadian product called "Life Long", but there are others out
there that have a hard surface and are stronger than Trex so that you don't
have to add joists to support it.

I did use Trex for handrails as it is solid and could have the edges and
ends routed for appearance. Other brands had cavities that ran the length of
the material.

"Banty" wrote in message
I'l be having a deck replaced, both back and front, and was strongly

considering
Trex.

I've heard that many users have been disatisfied because they've found

that the
Trex decking gets hot.

Both decks I plan to replace are in fairly shady areas, but still, I'd

like to
hear thoughts on what the best decking materials are.

I want little or no maintenance, and, since ther is some shade where I

have the
decking now and there is some mildewing, I want something that resists

that.

Banty