frank1492

There is none.

On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:34:30 -0700, Dick LeadWinger wrote:

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:53:29 GMT, frank1492
wrote:

Many thanks for all your replies! The house does
have a basement.
We will look for a shut-off just outside the house
but I am pretty sure none exists.
I am still surprised that so few newer houses have
an in-house main shutoff valve. What if a catastrophic
leak were to develop? The basement could fill up before
the water company arrived. And how about going away
for a prolonged period? Also if I want to do a little plumbing
project on a Sunday afternoon, I have to call the water
company, then get them back?
Life is a great teacher. I always think I understand the
world pretty well until I run into stuff like this...
Frank

When you have a basement the shut-off valve is typically inside the
house, not outside. Look for it on a wall.