frank1492

That is another thing that worries me. The street valve is in an odd
location, almost exactly on the property line bewteen the two
houses!
No lever here, seem to recall a recessed hex, but will have
to look again..

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:58:38 GMT, wrote:

I've seen worse than no shutoff inside.

I recently moved from a townhouse I rented where the entire unit, 4
townhouses, shared a single shutoff.
Working on plumbing was a nightmare as you had to let everyone know you were
going to shut the water off and sometimes neighbors would get irate about
it. Fortunately it only came up twice during my time there.

ml