Norminn

clipped

This ****ed me off. They'll still get my business for incidentals. But
orders of things like tile, and doors, and windows etc. they just lost.

I'm realizing a key difference between pros and amateurs. Pros expect the
merchants to screw up royally, and plan accordingly I guess.

ml

Well, folks tend to get what they pay for. Wmart and Hdepot want to
sell everything. HD seems to have more experienced people on the
payroll nowadays - went shopping with a friend and asked a sales assoc.
for help. They couldn't answer question so went to get "the
electrician". Took 5 or 10 minutes. I used to shop at a nifty hardware
store, about 3,000 sq. ft., that had everything under the sun. Stacked
"somewhere". The old codgers who ran the place knew how to use
everything they sold. They earned a better living when they could sell
something you needed when you needed it. Down at the mart, they draw a
paycheck no matter what.

The guy down at the tile store or the locksmith or the owner of the
paint store have probably answered questions for two generations, if
they are still in business and not driven out because everyone buys
cheap and expects the best. Same deal in healthcare. Don't get me
started )