Hound Dog

"frank1492" wrote in message
Some friends have recently acquired a new house in a modular
community. I was surprised to find that the only way to shut off the
water supply to the house is from the street! All the houses on the
street are set up the same way!
My question is this: Is this common practice? And, if so, is the
only reason it is done is to save 10 bucks on a valve?
Help much appreciated.
Frank

Didn't think my house had a water shut off valve either, but it does.

Mine is located in front of my house, in a well about a foot down in the
ground.
It was a devil to find because it was grown over with flowers and plants.

A local plumber told me all the shut off valves here are below ground
because of the freezing weather.

Could yours be underground also?