Andy Hall

Default Eating fox? (Aldi).

On Sat, 8 May 2004 23:05:58 +0100, "Jerry." wrote:

"G&M" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article 3LSmc.1543$iz2.2@newsfe1-win,
Scott Mills wrote:

snip

Rules out most of the super markets in London then. good luck.

And sheds.

You kidding ? Why would B&Q need to use coins in their trolleys ?

Never
understood it anyway other than to stop the odd tramp setting up home in
one.

It stops some people taking the trolley home and then dumping it onto the
nearest railway embankment or highway verge, you must live in one sure quite
utopia if you've never seen dumped trolleys !...

Why on earth anybody would want to take a supermarket trolley home I
have no idea.

If they are untended in a car park, I can appreciate that in some
areas, yobs might run off with them.and dump them.

The solution of putting coin deposits and inconveniencing customers is
a poor substitute for doing the job properly and employing somebody to
collect up the trollies and returning them to their rightful place.

Spread across the customer base, the cost of doing that is buttons,
which returns me to my original point that it's indicative of a place
selling on price and not quality or customer service.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl