DL

Default Adding a sink drain line into existing 3" PVC drain / waste line

I am in the process of adding a sink in our family room section of our
basement. The only close drain is a 3" waste / drain line which is fine
because I can get a 3" X 1-1/2" X 3" Tee to run the 1-1/2" drain line into.

My concern is since the 3" pipe is much more rigid than the smaller sizes,
how do I go about installing the tee section since there is minimal to no
upward movement of the 3" pvc pipe and I assume that I will need the 1-1/2"+
needed to get the 3" pipe over the lip and seated properly.

I saw was a 3" rubber sleeve with 2 metal band clamps that will do what I
want, but I am not sure they would be used for a permanent installation.

Do they make pvc sleeves that can be used like the copper sleeves for
in-place solders similar to the rubber sleeve mentioned above? If not can I
grind / sand out the separator in the middle of the connector so that it can
slide down and then be re-positioned similar to the 3" rubber sleeve?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David