John Willis

On Sat, 14 May 2005 14:08:52 -0700, "SteveB"
scribbled this interesting note:

I still do business with Home Depot, but get high blood pressure every time
I go there. Had to get some 3 1/2" x 3/8" bolts, and some 7/16" allthread
with nuts. They didn't have the bolts out there, so I started digging in an
unopened box of them. OH MY! Ms. Home Depot was fast to correct me. She
did tell me that the whole box of 25 was way cheaper than the 20 I was going
to buy, and I thanked her.

They didn't have any 7/16" - 14 nuts that I needed. They did have some that
were about half the thickness, but since I needed two together as jam nuts,
the thinner ones wouldn't work unless you have a very thin wrench to hold
the inside nut. Ended up going to Ace.

It's like they read your mind when you walk in, and some little person pulls
that stock behind before you get to the nuts and bolts aisle. Or whatever
it is you are looking for. A store full of stuff, but the bin you find with
your needed item is empty .......................

Buy ahead of time from http://www.mcmaster.com/ or just go to the real
hardware store first!

As a rule, I've found that in most instances, if you are in a Home
Depot or Lowes and think you need to ask someone for help or advice,
you are better off simply leaving and going to a real store to buy
whatever it may be you need.

I was looking for faucet seats one time. Went to Home Depot and
started looking for the bin full of sorted valve seats. There wasn't
one. I asked one of their orange aproned stooges where the valve seats
were and he indicated some small packages hanging nearby. I looked.
There were only two or three different ones. I asked where the rest of
them were. He said that was all that are made!!!!!

Home Depot is the McDonalds of home improvement. Carry second rate
goods, charge the customer more than it is worth, and make it all seem
ok by spending an outrageous amount for advertising to convince
everyone how good they really are.

Sure, there are some things I'll still go to Home Depot for. Not as
much as I used to since there are better outlets for most anything
H.D. sells.

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)