SteveB

"G Henslee" wrote in message
I've been defending somewhat the despot here and there in a few threads
but
they screwed me pretty good today.

All is 'normal' again.

I'm realizing a key difference between pros and amateurs. Pros expect
the
merchants to screw up royally, and plan accordingly I guess.

ml

While I have installed floor tile purchased by others at Home Cheapo I buy
tile at any one of several tile supply houses in town. Far less hassle,
quicker, greater range of material and specialty items, etc.

Home Cheapo's primaery tile brand was Dal-Tile. I don't know if that is
still the case as I haven't looked in a long time. We have a Dal-Tile pro
center in town anyway, if that's what's specified for the job.

Ahhhhh, the old DalTile switcheroo.

I put in about 300 sf of French Quarter Mardi Gras DalTile. I priced it at
Home Depot. A friend of mine does tile work, and got it for a MUCH better
price at DalTile. When the work was done, I took the unused tile back to
Home Depot for a refund that was higher than what I paid.

I figured that was for the times they jerked me around, which has been more
than once.

I still do business with Home Depot, but get high blood pressure every time
I go there. Had to get some 3 1/2" x 3/8" bolts, and some 7/16" allthread
with nuts. They didn't have the bolts out there, so I started digging in an
unopened box of them. OH MY! Ms. Home Depot was fast to correct me. She
did tell me that the whole box of 25 was way cheaper than the 20 I was going
to buy, and I thanked her.

They didn't have any 7/16" - 14 nuts that I needed. They did have some that
were about half the thickness, but since I needed two together as jam nuts,
the thinner ones wouldn't work unless you have a very thin wrench to hold
the inside nut. Ended up going to Ace.

It's like they read your mind when you walk in, and some little person pulls
that stock behind before you get to the nuts and bolts aisle. Or whatever
it is you are looking for. A store full of stuff, but the bin you find with
your needed item is empty .......................

Grrrrrrrrrrrr..................

Steve