SteveB

"Backlash" wrote in message
Why not forward your post to the corporate district manager, and explain
that people are reading it worldwide, and that you want some kind of
compensation or consideration? He or she is not gonna want that kind of
negative publicity.

snip

Once I bought an insecticide sprayer from the Borg. It basically blew up in
my face, spraying poison directly into my nose, mouth, and eyes.

It was nasty, but nothing I needed to go to the hospital for. I called the
manager, and got the old, "Well, you need to talk to the manufacturer"
story. I called the manufacturer, and got even less satisfaction, with them
stating that I needed to box up the sprayer, and send it in with all sorts
of documentation.

I called the Borg, and asked what they were going to do to make things
right. They said that they would refund me on the sprayer, but nothing for
getting poison shot up my nose.

I consulted the local police laws regarding picketing. I was told that I
must stay on the sidewalk, that I could not impede any vehicular or
pedestrian traffic, that I could not go on the Borg's property, that I could
not shout and wave the sign into the street or onto the property, and that I
could not block in and out movements. I could not initiate any
conversations, but could answer questions if people asked me first.

I showed up one Saturday morning bright and early with my picket sign saying
"DANGER - DEFECTIVE GOODS." Within 30 minutes, I left with a $250 store
certificate.

Picketing is entirely legal, but be sure you check with your local police.
Some jurisdictions require that you notify the company in writing that you
are going to picket and why. All will tell you what you can and can't do.
Be sure to stick to the rules they give you. Companies hate pickets in
front of their business, and it is a way to get fast relief when they won't
give you the time of day.

Steve