TURTLE

"ng_reader" wrote in message
Peeps,

I have this 2" copper pipe that I want to cut into sections for some
decorative/restorative reasons.

Shopping at my local (yep, local) Harbor Freight store, I picked up a $12
gigantic pipe cutter.

Everyone who knows Harbor Freight, knows it's junk. Even the Chinese who
make their stuff probably have their own special word for that junk they
produce.

But my question is this: Would a quality one work just the way it supposed
to? I can feel the pipe flexing a little as I score it with the cutting
wheel, but no matter how hard I try I'm just making concentric circles
either up or down the tube.

Just wondering.

The other solution is to clamp it in my miter box and use my hacksaw. Which,
come to think of it, is a pretty good solution.

Cheerio.

Mr Curious

This is Turtle.

When the roller wheels are worn out or messed up , the cutting wheel will travel
down the pipe. Bring it back to Hobar Freight place. I have a 1 to 3 inch cutter
from H.F. and it works fine. Now I only use it about 2 times a year and can use
the cheap-0 stuff on this type of tools.

Using a hack saw is not bad but use a 24 teeth blade.

TURTLE