Phisherman

This is not a "weekend mission" but a long-term plan. An established
poison ivy plant will take 2 or 3 applications of RoundUp to take
effect. Apply the RoundUp to ALL the green leaves. Wait two weeks
and apply again. In two more weeks spray again if you see any green
leaves. The dead vine will remain "potent" with the oil for a year.

On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:01:22 -0400, "Kathy"
wrote:

I have Poison Ivy growing up the sides of my house.
It has run up to the second floor and is now
chasing the eaves. It seems like its doubling in
volume in a few days. Does anyone have any tips on
getting rid of this short of burning the house
down. I've called a bunch of lanscapers and the
only one who would give me a price wants nearly
$1000. to take it down. The must be something
similar to paraquat that I can spray on it. Anyone
know the name of the chemicals I should be looking
for? I've sprayed it with Round-up from home depot
and it just wilted it a little. In a few days you
couldn't even tell. This is my mission for this
weekend. Advice will be appriciated and snide
remarks or wise cracks will, of course, be
tolerated. (After all, this is usenet.)

Thanks in advance for serious replies.

Kathy