zxcvbob

haklesup wrote:
Does anyone know if there is an AFCI type breaker for Zinsco type Q panels.

My city requires these on new circiout. I may have to change the box if
these are not available. Couldn't find them on the web easily, perhaps I'm
looking in the wrong spot

IIRC, Zinsco is the same as Federal Pacific -- an excuse the change the
box might be a good thing. I don't know about the type Q, though.

You might consider adding a small modern subpanel next to the old Z'co
panel, and put the AFCI's in the new subpanel. Six-space 100A panels
only cost about $20 or $30. You can feed it with lot smaller than 100A
breaker in the main panel if you want.

Best regards,
Bob