calhoun

Remove the hinges and plane those sides then reinstall the hinges. If you
plane the outer edges you will have problems with the predrilled mounting
holes not having enough wood support around them.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I did not take into account corner bead and mud and now my opening for
a new 24" bifold door is a 3/4" to small. The opening is now 23 3/4"
and I know I need to allow some fudge for the door to open. Any
suggestions to fix this problem?? I can plane the door down, but on
which sides???? the hinge sides (the two centers) or the outside
edges?. I am not sure the construction of a bifold if there is solid
wood on the skeleton of the frame, enough to plane down?????

I will be posting one more door question-----I got myself in a pickle,
lol.

Thanks
Mickey