ng_reader

You can do that. I did. Most pros will use some kind of steam to get the
paper off.

Removing wallpaper can be a bear, especially if you want all the goo off.
Too rough, and your digging into the sheet rock. Not enough, and you get
mountains and valleys.

If you want to DIY, score the paper, get some liquid or make some liquid
that removes that glue in wallpaper, spray it on with a spray-bottle, and
then peel it off with a good (read - not the cheap flexible one but the
stronger hard one) 5" putty knife.

It's time consuming, but it will work.

Don't be too concerned with leftover paste. Typically it will dry flat, and
imperceptible after the top coat of paint.

Mazel.

"Walter R." wrote in message
Call a few professional "Wallpaper Removers" for an estimate. Yellow

Pages:
Wall Coverings - Contractors)

--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

wrote in message
oups.com...
the idiot people who owned my condo before me thought it was a great
idea to attempt to peel off wallpaper and then give up when it got too
hard.

they then painted OVER the wallpaper. you can clearly see where the
wallpaper came off and where it stuck firm.

it looks awful, and I've been avoiding dealing with it. I can't take it
anymore, though, because they painted the walls a sick pea-soup green.
and I've lived with the green this far, because I don't want to paint
over the wallpaper again. but, at the same time, I don't know how to
prepare the walls.

any advice? Thanks.