Percival P. Cassidy

On 05/13/05 03:53 pm Doug Miller tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I'm going to investigate further, but just to clarify:

1. There is no separate terminal on the switch for the pilot light; that
is hard-wired internally.

Actually, there is: it's the neutral.

Yes, that's true. If it weren't for the pilot light, the switch wouldn't
need a neutral connection.

2. It's the pilot light (which is an LED, not neon or incandescent) that
glows with varying degrees of brightness: the CF floodlights work just
fine, just as the incandescents did.

Better check how your neutrals are connected. I'll bet that the neutral
connections at the switches are in *series* with the floodlights.

I'm not sure that I get what you mean.

Maybe you could post a diagram on a web site, or in a binaries group, showing
*exactly* where *all* of the wires run, and how they are connected?

The problem is that I have no idea what happens to the wires once they
disappear into the wall. There could be all kinds of strange connections
that I can't see.

Perce