Joe S

G Henslee wrote:
Joe S wrote:
I've ripped my shower back to studs. One wall has 1/4" plywood over

the
studs with just a small hole for a shower head. House is 20 years

old
in So. Cali.

I've been told that this is 'sheer' protection. I would like to put
some plumbing in this wall for additional heads, but am concerned

that
I should not mess around with the plywood.

(I've also been told that it has since been found that with 1/4",

if
the protection is ever needed, the nails will rip right out of it
before it withstands much stress.)

So, do I need to not mess around with this plywood? Or can I do
something which will allow me to open it up to do some plumbing

work?

Joe

It's part of a sheer wall. No bfd. Do your work and replace the
plywood in that area when you're done.

My big concern, really, was that it's currently a much bigger sheet
(can't tell how big, really, as it goes up into the next floor). So, if
I understand, if I just cut out a rectangle, do the plumbing, then
replace that section with a few holes in it, then that's alright.

Joe