Art

Does it say in the manual that comes with it that it cannot be mounted in
the wall? If not then the warranty voiding is BS.

"Bob Mariotti" wrote in message
news:1115912979.ad115374e87a1a0ef3e81f94df41bb2a@t eranews...
Hello All;

I have an LG LW1000ER A/C that I purchased last year to replace an old
unit mounted through the wall. Miraculously the sleeve size of the LG
was exactly the same as the old York unit it was replacing (that's why
I ordered it).

The unit works just fine except for one annoying issue. It is an
electronically controlled unit and when it is shut off by pressing the
POWER button either on the control panel or the remote, it shuts off
but randomly will power itself back on. It will do this anywhere from
a few minutes to several hours after being shut off. While this does
not impair how the unit cools it is annoying when it happens either in
the middle of the night or off-season (read-Winter). To prevent
this from happening I must unplug the unit from the power output.

I spoke with LG about this being covered by its two year on-site
warranty and was notified that when I mounted the unit through the
wall I voided my manufacturers warranty!!!

So far as a result of my research it appears that this issue may be
the cause of a faulty electronics board. According to a parts
explosion diagram I located online, there are TWO electronic boards
listed with part no.s 6871A20186A and 6871A20167C. I cannot tell
which board does what as they are located in the same general area.

Hopefully there will be some A/C repair person reading this post that
has access to a parts resource that can describe what each part number
PCB does and can therefore identify which one should be replaced. I
suppose I could replace both PCB's but I am trying to be cheap.

So, can some astute reader with look these parts up in the appropriate
resource OR if there is a parts resource available online, please
respond with the link for that site?

Thanks for any who can help me with this.

Bob