The Real Tom

On Fri, 13 May 2005 08:04:41 +0000 (UTC), (David
Efflandt) wrote:

On Mon, 9 May 2005 14:43:57 -0400, Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Thinking of adding an outdoor flood light to illuminate
my backyard. Have done a fair amount of house wiring, but
never any outdoor wiring.

It will be very difficult for me to run wires from the "high-up"
flood light thru the wall to where I can put a switch and tap into the AC.

One thing I saw (at Menards) was a security light system (infrared sensor)
with 2 lights and solar panel to self charge. Not sure of run time of the
rechargable batteries, but maybe something to check out for a wireless
installation.

Good point. I do believe there is information about how many times
the light will come on with fully charged battery(times and duration
of each time). Plus information how to keep your battery fully
charged with proper positioning of the panel. But..... I remember it
being a security light, motiion sensing, so it only comes on when
motion is detected and only for a 1 min or so.

So this might not be the solution he wants.

later,

tom @
www.WorkAtHomePlans.com