ZsaZsa

What hasn't been discussed is the state of the market. Is it a seller's or
buyer's market where you are?

If you are in a buyer's market you probably won't even get many buyers
agents to show your home, and those that do will steer their clients away to
a comparable home where they can work with a co-operative agent. Realtors
don't like FSBOs and do all in their power to thwart a sale. They do their
best to skew the statistics in order to prove that people need them. They
also believe that a FSBO sale is more problematic, so more work for them.
They create their own mythologies about FSBOs.

If you're in a seller's market just price your home competitively, and use a
good attorney. You should be able to get comps easily enough. I use
realtor.com to see what homes are listing for in my area. You can also get
the records on recent sales and the actual prices from your city or county.
Those are public documents, and fundamentally that's all any appraiser will
do that's of any substance.

I'm a big fan of FSBO, I sold a home for asking price in 3 days once, but
also had another home on the market for over a year with nothing but
headaches and sabotage from local realtors because it was a buyer's market
and a local contractor was handing out all kinds of perks as incentive to
buy their new construction in my still developing community. Two very
different scenarios, with two very different outcomes.

It's pure hell to have a home on the market that long, not to mention that
the longer it sits the harder it is to make the case for the asking price.

It all depends on the individual situation and how the market in your area
is.

Good luck, please let us know how it all goes.