Bob

"trader-of-some-jacks" wrote in message
I recently brought down the remains of a mostly-rotted tree from my
yard. It had snapped during the winter in a windstorm.

Cutting it down was pretty easy. I sawed very low to the ground just
using a bow saw, then a strong friend and I were able to push the trunk
over, snapping it at the cut.

What to do now with the stump?

The last one I removed, I dug underneath the (reversed) saddle of the roots,
slid a plywood board underneath it, slid my floor jack between the plywood
and the stump, and jacked it out of the ground. Jack till it starts to lean
too much, re-position the jack to work more on the resisting side, add
blocks as needed to get more motion.

Bob