Doug Miller

In article , Phil Munro wrote:
I hope it doesn't!!! Ohm's Law is: V = I * R. That is, voltage-
across equals current-in times resistance-of.

And resistance varies inversely with the square of the conductor diameter.

Also, current is not limited by cross section in the several-amp
currents we are talking about here. Rather, for a given size wire
the current is proportional to the voltage between its ends. --Phil

And to the length of the wire. Further, the constant of proportionality is
different for different sizes of wire.

"Dan C" claimed that the resistances of 18- and 24-ga conductors are
identical. That is patently false.

--
Regards,