badgolferman

James Bond, 5/12/2005, 4:31:49 AM, wrote:

I have just had built a small (8x14) free standing storage shed. All
of the exterior siding and trim is pressure treated. I am wondering
just how good pressure treated wood is. I was told by the builders
that since it was all pressure treated, I could leave the natural
wood look or I could prime and paint it. I like the natural wood
look and don't want to paint it. But I want to know if I should
apply Thompson's Water Seal or similar or if it is okay just leaving
the pressure treated lumber as is.

TIA

James

If you don't coat it eventually it will turn gray. I put up a fence
last year with the new pressure treated wood (ACQ?) but did not apply
anything and it still looks good, but looking at neighbor's old fences
I know it won't be long before it starts to discolor.

--
No matter what happens someone will find a way to take it too seriously.