Steph in PA

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
news
BTW, I'm furious that the yellow and black wires are not connected, since
I am getting a second phone line in the next few months. Why would
someone install the phone line this way? Is this normally how the pros do
it?

I'm ****ed because now I have to go back and repair someone's shoddy work.
I wish I could bill someone for this.

Do I need to disconnect the phone line at the NID outside the house before I
connect the yellow and black lines? The problem is there are two NID's, one
on each side of the house, with one being connected to the other via a line
that runs through the basement (there are three apartments in the house and
it looks like one NID was added late?)! And I can't get one open, and the
other just looks like a gray blob, half the size of the one I can't get
open.

Phone lines don't carry much voltage, do they?? So I don't need to worry
about geting shocked, especially if I use insulated screwdrivers???

Another thing is that it appears one of the phone lines leads to a door bell
ringer!!