LurfysMa

On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:30:57 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Tue, 10 May 2005 20:34:20 -0700, LurfysMa
wrote:

The little rubber feet on my HP laptop (Omnibook 6000) keep coming
loose.

Throw them away, make new ones (snippets of mouse mat or wetsuit
neoprene) that aren't already covered in glue residue. Then make them
bigger, as this reduces the rolling and tearing action at the edge that
tends to pull them off.

I think you are right. I'll just junk the tiny pads that fit into
those tiny little indendations and put a husky rubber foot on each
corner.

Then contact cement should work fine. Make sure it really is contact
cement though - something like Evo-Stick 528 (neoprene in naptha), a
cement that sets hard (if rubbery), not one that remains plasticised.

Clean the case too with a little acetone or isopropanol, to remove old
glues.

And don't spill anything !