Stormin Mormon

Roots usually contain dirt and sand. They dull a saw chain unbelievably
fast. This, I know from experience.

It is possible to pull a stump with a sawzall and a LOT of replacement
blades. This, also from experience.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed" wrote in message
I once had a stump I wanted out and got the idea to drill holes in it and
fill the holes with muriatic acid. This stuff is available at any swimming
pool supply and it worked faster than the chemical stump removers found at
garden centers. These methods can be slow though.

Another method I tried with success is to dig around the stump maybe 6 or 8
inches deep and cut it with a chain saw. Very fast and it worked very well.
Filled in over the stump and threw a little grass seed over it an all was
well. No harmful chemicals.