Colbyt

"schmultzburger" wrote in message
Gina and Les Armstrong wrote:
"schmultzburger" wrote in message

I have a quaint 1940s cottage style sun porch with 11 identical,

15-light,
single pane windows that I unlock and replace with framed screens in the
warmer months.

Couldn't you just use double hung replacement windows with full screens?
Most replacement windows have removable sashes and screens. You could
remove the sashes, the screens, or both without much trouble.

Yeah, we considered that, but both my wife and I think double hung windows

would
look pretty awful in this situation. We have talked about casement

windows as a
last resort fall back option, but we really want to keep the same look and
functionality we have now.

In your situation as explained, your best bet is to glaze the windows.
Since they are removable and can be laid on a saw horse or table it really
isn't all that bad of a job. In fact you might be able to take them to a
local glass place and have it done.

If you choose DIY, post again or email me. I have a detailed post that I
copied or wrote.

Colbyt