Bob

My architect says I can locate a gas range top - 4 high capacity
burners plus a high capacity charcoal grill (Wolf Range Top) - on a
portion of my base cabinets directly in front of a window. I asked him
if this met code, and he said yes. Then I asked about grees, he said
you can clean it just like you would clean the tile towards the back of
the range top.

In addition to the cleaning issues, consider the following:
- How will the window stand up to the heat of the stove?
- You will not be able to use window coverings such as blinds or drapes