Harry Everhart wrote:
In article ,
"Joe B." wrote:
One of our toilets never seems to flush properly. I have checked

and there
is plenty of water in the reservoir. As I flush it empties out

like it is
supposed to and then refills properly, but the water in the bowl

just swirls
around and takes only have of the contents when it goes down.

Although
sometimes it swirls around and then flushes pretty well. Does this

sound
like a drain problem?
Thanks.
Joe

Hi Joe -

Yes I think you have a drain problem.

I have a cheap and easy fix that works for my drains. I bought a

device
that goes onto the end of your garden hose. When you turn the hose

water
on - this device blows up like a balloon. It reminds me of the
angioplasty they use to unblock arteries in your body :-) I got it

at
Ace Hardware - but it is available at many stores.

I go up on the roof and find the roof vent pipe for the device in
question. I drop the hose with the "angioplasty device" on and turn

on
the water. The balloon blocks the water from coming out the back way

and
it seems to clean the drainage pipes. It works great for me.

I bought this 20 year old house about one year ago. The drains were

too
slow for my tastes. I went up on the roof and blasted each roof vent
pipe. My drains are much faster now and have not caused a problem

since.

It might not work for you - but it is worth a try - a cheap fix.

Harry

It's called a blow bag