Art

I believe your unit has a 5 year sealed refrigeration warranty which
includes labor so you might want to pull out your warranty and verify that.
Unfortunately I called Sears and a moron told me otherwise and I dumped one
that I could have had fixed for free. Of course if it is an electronics
problem then you may not be covered by warranty.

"Joe" wrote in message
My unit starts up, but it sounds like the compressor never kicks in, the
fan
just runs and no water drips. The unit is about 3 years old and is a 40
quart unit. It is an automatic dehumidifier and adjusts down to 40%
humidity. I took it off of automatic and put it on constant run and still
nothing happens. It appears to be one of Sear's better units. I would
like
to fix it my self. Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I can
correct this problem with the compressor not starting up, or should I junk
it? It really is a nice unit and I would hate to trash it. Thanks for
your
help.