Stormin Mormon

There are two (general) kinds of drain cleaner. The ingredients will say
either hydroxide, or acid.

Hydroxides are used to remove grease, hair, and biological materials. Acids
will remove calcium scale. I'd suggest trying an acid drain cleaner -- your
problem may well be calcium.

The other folks are also right about longer snake, and perhaps the snake
going up instead of down.

At my local discount "dollar" store, they have bottles of drain cleaner
which are acid. Vinegar is a mild acid. And fairly cheap.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
I have a stuck bathroom drain in my second floor bathtub. The house
is probably 50 years old so it has old plumbing. The drain flows but
very slowly. At times, when the volume of water is fairly high, I end
up standing in a puddle when showering. Here is what I have tried so
far:

1. boiling hot water down the drain several times
2. Drano and its equivalents several times