Norminn

clipped

Any ideas on where/how to look for this leak? Short of waiting for a good
downpour and taking the day off to send my father into the attic and "watch"
for the water (which is very difficult in this particular attic), what else

We helped a friend find the source of water running down a ceiling light
fixture. Popped plywood deck, not real obvious. In place of your
plastic and towels, lay newspaper over the plastic, wait for the next
rain, and check where the newspaper gets wet. Should be more visible.
That and paper towels is how I check for toilet leak ) Then, look
above and next to, where water might traverse a rafter before it drips.
Any tiny bulges where shingles and/or deck have lifted?

Did you have a lot of wind when leaks occurred? Wind driving rain under
vent hood? Ice dams just previous? Clogged gutters?

can I do? Is the repair going to be hit and miss? I'm not sure i fully
trust the garden-hose-soak method, as I can't see it being wide-spread
enough to duplicate a good rain-soaking.

Any roofers out there with some experience to share? Please?

bmoney

I'm told that the "wet seal" product really doesn't work very well when
applied in the cold and wet. Also considering the leak seems to have been
slowed up, I think we're on the right track...but how do you know?