John Doe

Troll

Dan C wrote:

From: Dan C youmustbejoking invalid.lan
Subject: Easiest way to ground a computer?
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 21:28:18 -0500

On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:50:17 -0400, Julie P. wrote:

The electrical wiring in my house is not grounded, although all the outlets
are three prong. I have a lot of equipment like air conditioners, fax
machines, printers, computers, routers, etc. What would be the easiest way
to ground one or two of my outlets?

Can I string a wire over the grounding prong on the surge protector plug and
then run the wire out of my windows to the ground and then impale the ground
with a coat hanger attached to the wire?

Or can I just wrap the wire around the painted radiator pipe which runs to
the upstairs tenant's radiator? This is close to the outlets.

Thanks!

Were you born stupid, or have you become that way over time?

Linux Registered User #327951