Stormin Mormon

You'd need a modernization kit or mag plate. some home owners can do this,
but it may be "call a locksmith" time.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"blueman" wrote in message
The doors on our bathrooms have nice mortise locks with holes for
"skelaton keys". Of course, the keys are long gone

Since this is a bathroom, I would like to replace the key access with
a knob on the inside (and perhaps just an allen key hole on the outside
for access in emergencies). i.e. I would like to use the original
mortise box but now have it activated by turning a knob rather than
inserting a skelaton key.

Is it DIY practical to convert a skelaton key mechanism to a turn knob?
If so, where can one find the knob.

Thanks,
Jeff